WHY travel MAKES YOU amazing
Posted: 03/18/2013 | March 18th, 2013
People always ask how travel has changed me. If I look back at who I was before I began traveling and compare that to who I am now, I would have to say that travel has made me a better and much more well-rounded person. I’m way cooler now than I was at 25 when I first left to explore the world.
Simply put, I’m a lot much more amazing now than I used to be.
In fact, I think travel makes everybody a much more amazing person. We end our travels way better off than when we started. I’m not saying this to be conceited or egotistical; I’m saying it because I believe that travel is something that makes you not only a better human being but a way cooler one too. The kind of person people gravitate toward and want to be around.
You become like the Dos Equis guy.
How and why does travel make you much more awesome? let me count the ways:
1. much more social – It’s sink or swim on the road. You either get better at making pals or you end up alone, crying each night into a pillow. You learn to make pals out of strangers and get much more comfortable talking to new people. When I first started traveling, I was kind of an introvert and unpleasant talking to those I didn’t know. Now, I’ll happily speak with strangers like we’ve been best pals for years.
2. better at conversation – travel not only makes you comfortable talking to strangers, it makes you better at it too. After talking to people all the time, the same questions get boring. You start to even bore yourself. After a while, you don’t care about where people are from, where they are going, how long they’ve been traveling, and yada yada yada. Those kinds of questions don’t actually tell you anything about the person. You’ll get better at small talk and how to ask interesting questions — the ones that matter and tell you much more about the person.
3. much more confident – You’ve traveled the world. Hiked Mt. Everest. Dived the terrific barrier Reef. Wined and dined that stunning French girl in Paris, navigated unknown cities, and conquered your worry of heights. In short, you did amazing things. how can you not be much more confident? how can you not be sure about your abilities? After accomplishing so much, you’re going to feel a lot much more confident in your ability to achieve anything you set your mind to.
4. much more adaptable – You’ve dealt with missed flights, slow buses, wrong turns, delays, bad street food, and much, much more. After a while, you learn how to adapt your plans to changing situations. You don’t get mad, you don’t get angry; you just alter what you are doing and relocation on. Life throws you curve balls and you hit them out of the park. Hvorfor? because you’re amazing like that.
5. much more adventurous – When you become confident in your ability to do anything, you do anything. last week in Austin, Texas, despite not liking spicy food, I ate the world’s hottest pepper and some pure capsicum extract. Hvorfor? fordi jeg ville det. What’s the purpose of life if not to break out of your comfort zone? My mouth was on fire for ages, but I’d do it again.
6. much more easy-going – All those mistakes? They did something else for you, too. They made you much more easy-going and relaxed. Hvorfor? because you’ve dealt with all those errors and you don’t care. You choose the flow now, because if travel taught you anything, it’s that it all works out in the end and that there’s no need to stress.
7. Sexier – tension causes aging. Those carefree, unwinding days on the road are going to make you much more confident and radiant, and you’ll age slower. You’ll look young and sexy. Unless you are George Clooney, who certainly got better with age.
8. Smarter – Unless you sit at a resort drowning your brain in frozen drinks, travel will instruct you about the world. You’ll learn about people, history, and culture, and arcane facts about places some people could only dream about. In short, you’ll have a better understanding about how it works and how people behave. That’s something that can’t be learned from books; you can only pick it up with on-the-road experience.
9. less materialistic – On the road, you learn just how little stuff you actually need. You’ll realize that all that crap they sell at the mall is pretty useless in leading a really pleased life. Coming home, you’ll find yourself a minimalist simply because you realize what you need to live and what you don’t. As they say, the much more you own, the much more it owns you.
10. happier – travel simply teaches you how to be happy. You’ll become much more relaxed, much more confident, and see the world as a brighter place. how can you not be pleased about life after all of that?
Think about all the famous, successful people in the world. how numerous of these qualities do those people exhibit? Mye. Hvorfor? because being outgoing, funny, social, happy, confident, and smart are all qualities that make people much more successfuli hverdagslivet.
Reise gjør folk bedre mennesker. Når du lærer mye mer om verden og menneskene i den, skyver grensene dine og prøver nye ting, blir du en mye mer åpen, utadvendt og fantastisk person. Alle menneskene jeg har kjent som har reist, er bedre mennesker på grunn av det.
Med alle måter en tur kan gjøre deg mye mer av en fantastisk person, er det ingen grunn til at du ikke bør planlegge ditt neste eventyr nå-enten det er rundt om i verden eller bare en kort to ukers getaway til Mexico.
Du kan sitte hjemme, ønske at du var et eksotisk et sted, ha det gøy og gjøre noe kult.
Eller du kan lytte til Kid President, slutte å være kjedelig og gjøre noe kjempebra:
Valget er ditt.
Vil du ha litt mer inspirasjon? Sjekk ut disse må-lese innleggene:
18 leksjoner fra 5 år rundt om i verden
Hvorfor i morgen er for sent
Hvorfor kynikere som Bob tar feil om alt
Hvordan Michael sparte $ 14 000 på 6 måneder
Alle sier at jeg løper bort (dette nettstedets mange populære innlegg!)
Hvordan reise verden rundt på $ 50 om dagen
My New York Times bestselgende pocketbok guide til verdensreiser vil instruere deg hvordan du kan mestre kunsten å reise slik at du kommer fra allfarvei, sparer penger og har en dypere reiseopplevelse. Det er din A til Z -planleggingsguide at BBC kalte “Bibelen for budsjettreisende.”
Klikk her for å lære mye mer og begynn å lese den i dag!
Bestill turen: Logistiske forslag og triks
Bestill flyet ditt
Finn en rimelig flytur ved å bruke Skyscanner. Det er min favoritt søkemotor fordi den søker på nettsteder og flyselskaper over hele kloden, slik at du alltid vet at ingen stein er igjen.
Bestill innkvarteringen din
Du kan bestille vandrerhjemmet ditt med Hostelworld. Hvis du vil bo et annet sted enn et herberge, kan du bruke booking.com, da de konsekvent returnerer de rimeligste prisene for gjestehus og hotell.
Ikke glem reiseforsikring
Reiseforsikring vil ivareta deg mot sykdom, skade, tyveri og kanselleringer. Det er omfattende beskyttelse i tilfelle noe går galt. Jeg drar aldri på tur uten det, da jeg har måttet bruke den flere ganger i fortiden. Mine favorittbedrifter som tilbyr den beste servicen og verdien er:
Safetywing (best for alle)
Forsikre turen min (for de over 70)
MedJet (for ytterligere evakueringsdekning)
Klar til å bestille turen?
Sjekk ut ressurssiden min for de beste selskapene å bruke når du reiser. Jeg lister opp alle de jeg bruker når jeg reiser. De er de beste i klassen, og du kan ikke gå galt ved å bruke dem på turen.